HBPHE., MSc KIN, Ch. P.C.
- International Hockey Consultant and Clinician/ Coach – Australia 2017 “Ice Hockey Classic”; Germany 2017 International Ice Hockey Academy.
- Lakehead District School Board hockey program coach mentor and hockey development consultant. Hockey Academy and “bringing hockey to schools” program. (2017 to present).
- Director of Player & Athlete Safety for StopConcussion.com. – Creator and author of Safe4Sport Injury Prevention Toolkit and StopConcussion.com/CSRO – ASRO’s injury prevention program.
- Masters of Science Kinesiology (MSc. Kin., Lakehead University, 2011) specializing in sport education, teaching and learning; pedagogy and coaching, long-term athlete development, high performance, practice and skill acquisition, athlete/talent development, behavioural psychology, human motivation and injury prevention.
- Honours Bachelor Physical Education (1991) – expert in physical education and training, human factors, physiology, motor development, biomechanics, sport science, ergonomics, recreation, health and wellness.
- A full member of Coaches Association of Canada (CAC) for seventeen years and is an accredited Chartered Professional Coach (Ch. P.C.). Only a handful of professional ice hockey coaches hold this prestigious designation in Canada.
- Advanced II – Hockey Canada/National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), RIS Certified.
- Former Master Mentor with Hockey Canada’s Mentorship Program.
- Hockey Canada Coach Developer and Evaluator, National Coach Certification Program (NCCP).
- NCCP Facilitator/Instructor (Coach, Development I, II, High Performance levels of coach instruction) – <15 years.
- Hockey Canada speciality hockey clinic instructor (skating skills, puck skills, checking, small area games) – <15 years.
- Hockey skills master coach, instructor and clinician – providing consulting for hockey programs, associations, leagues, academies and school boards. Player development coach and clinician regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Minor Hockey Coach for more than 25 years in Northwestern Ontario coaching at Initiation Program (IP) to Junior B, A – AAA.
- Assistant Coach Lakehead University Thunderwolves in the inaugural season of the program and in 2013-2014; OUA, CIS.
- Assistant Coach, UHL (Minor Professional) Thunder Bay Thunder Cats 2 years.
- Hockey Canada Scout, Program of Excellence for U18, U22 & Senior female National (Olympic) Program (8 years).
- Author of multiple publications on ice hockey and sought after presenter at numerous coach conferences and symposia on sport, coaching, leadership and hockey (i.e., HNO, OMHA, OWHA, Toronto Maple Leafs, Hockey Canada Writers group, multiple hockey associations, groups, clubs and municipalities).
- Created produced and directed hockey video projects such as The Hockey Skills Video, Hockey Hints for Players and Coaches and has collaborated on many other multi-media and web-based player and coach ice hockey development initiatives with National and International Sport Organizations.
StopConcussions is a non-profit company, that aims to bring players, parents, coaches and officials information on brain concussions and their consequences in contact sports.
This website is here to help educate and are not intended to replace medical care and/or professional supervision. There is no substitute for a competent neurologist, physician, health professional or clinician when it comes to diagnosing and managing concussions. What StopConcussions offers is an insight into the nature of a brain injury. It is a guide to help you understand the cause, effects and consequences of concussions as well as how you can help reduce the incidences of the injury, manage the injury better and be able to ask all the right questions when dealing with a concussed individual.
The brain is complex, and each injury is personalized. Not only is every brain different, so is every concussion, and the therapy must be tailored to each individual. With this said, only a physician or qualified healthcare professional who has been educated in concussions can recommend a treatment and rehabilitation program. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a specific injury, contact your physician immediately.
Whether you need help dealing with a concussion, need information or other materials or are a concerned parent or coach, we are happy to help. Please contact us with any and all inquiries regarding our field.