PERMISSIONS of USE
We need certain permissions from you:
Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on our fundraising campaign and the other websites we use. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our fundraising services as described in our rules.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our campaign, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo or video, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others such as service providers that support our campaign. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content by deleting your account and removing your video from social feeds (following their specific rules for deletion). If you would like us to delete your account please email us: email@example.com.
When we delete your content, it’s no longer visible to other users on our campaign, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations;
- your content has been used by others and they have not deleted it (in which case will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our campaign or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
Permission to use your name, profile picture, video and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and picture, video and any information you have given on our campaign next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our campaigns, without any compensation to you.
We reserve the right to moderate content and remove information or language considered offensive and to block users who violate these guidelines. Please review the below guidelines and our rules, that are included but not limited to the below list.
We may delete, remove or hide the following types of data:
- Media/posts that include fraudulent, inaccurate, libelous, or misleading information about StopConcussions, Connected Mental Health, its employees, affiliates, partners and sponsors.
- Media/posts that are disparaging in nature or include offensive, inflammatory, or inappropriate commentary or content.
- Media/posts that include profanity, bullying or are defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, or demeaning.
- Media/posts that contain threats or suggest violence or illegal behaviour.
- Media/posts that contain personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers or any confidential information.
- Media/posts that spam, solicit, advertise, promote, or endorse any commercial, financial, political, or governmental organization. Our social media pages are not for the endorsement of third parties and these posts will be removed.
- Media/posts of marketing messages or URLs to external sites for promotional purposes.
StopConcussions, their partners and our affiliates work hard to provide the best websites/campaigns we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our websites/campaigns, however, are provided “as is”, and we cannot make guarantees that they always will be family friendly, safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We can not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions, content, or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
Our liability shall be limited, but not limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to our terms or our campaigns, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.